Welcome to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!

On this site we want to open a discussion about advertising in political campaigns. Therefore we should take a look at Obama’s election campaign and contrast it to Merkel’s election campaign. What headings and slogans did they use and what effect did those have on the voters?

Apart from that we want to focus on advertising, special "Obama products" and check if Merkel had ads like that, too.

Please feel welcome to give us your thoughts.

7/14/2010

We can do it!

Now we know where Obama got his very famous slogan from :), look at this:

The picture shows a strong woman, strict view straight on and the slogan "We can do it" on top.

I found a funny picutre on the internet showing Obama answering that slogan:






He answers with "yes, we can".
I think it is a really funny idea to show Obama like tha. I knew the first picture before I found it on the interent but I would never have imagined an Obama parody to that picture.

What I want to point out is that commercialization does not always need to be serious or "below the belt" and it does not always need to have a political meaning. It is very easy: Sometimes it can only be funny. And I think every politician have to live with that. That sometimes people make fun of them. I think it is sometimes kind of "refreshing" to laugh about serious things like politics.
pictures:http://kilburnhall.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/obama_yes_we_can.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgm6USM_YSdqB0NjXYAioqcqVeKEydW9JwJLiOwvoMw2y2AQFN0yFKHhl_0YxzT0RDIRjNXW5llTRzDEBIKF6zfMvG7EGM0GEzc-CM54RaPu3ZWVtx6Mg5vrf6YJ8uosBAlu6KUZkX7SGgM/s400/WeCanDoItPoster%255B1%255D-thumb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment