Welcome to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!

On this site we want to open a discussion about advertising in political campaigns. Therefore we should take a look at Obama’s election campaign and contrast it to Merkel’s election campaign. What headings and slogans did they use and what effect did those have on the voters?

Apart from that we want to focus on advertising, special "Obama products" and check if Merkel had ads like that, too.

Please feel welcome to give us your thoughts.

7/14/2010

Have a nice breakfast...


...with Obama cereal!

What do you think, is it too much to have a politician on a cereal package? As I mentioned in the post berofre, I like the fact that some people make fun of politicans as long as it is moderate. I think people could not imagine having a Merkel cereal. In Germany, we have only cereal packages with tigers, horses or bunnies on it. But a politican? A politician is too serious to be the headline of a cereal.

And what about Americans? Maybe they want to catch the children's attention by using Obama for commercialization like that. Children get to know Obama and maybe the want to get to know more about him when they see his picture on they cereal package.

Another fact for advertising is that people buy Obama products. Obama stands for something positive, for hope, change and power. People implicate the cereal with that and then they buy it.
I ask myself how Obama O's might taste... ;-).
picture: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiWLzfDW5fTmXlRyXbIAt0Fp_VzJVp_X3JTsjOwjajuxTi2kbf54cZxvGCHohaTqaA96WVc9LND2jIZZ1gWv55wGXUv-d5zJM1VExP4ykjyoYd-t6oQL9F81E08MCCQVuBn85CrGJoZsct9/s400/obama_oj.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment